Payments, Dispatch and Returns
Paintings are available directly from me or the OriginalArt-Under100 website where indicated. In both cases the painting is dispatched directly by myself to the buyer. Any queries can be made to chris [at] christinederrick.com
This website has a secure connection, as indicated by the padlock symbol in the browser bar. If you go through to OriginalArt-Under100.com in order to buy, that website is also secure. If you choose to buy directly from me, I now send invoices, rather than use Paypal buttons. Please note that Paypal invoices are processed entirely through their system.
Pastel paintings tend to be sold unframed unless indicated otherwise. My dispatch process is to layer the pastel painting with protective glassine paper, before enclosing it between two rigid panels, of either mdf, hardboard or other stout material. The boards are then taped several times securely, to keep the pastel painting held firmly and prevent any rubbing during transit. All pastels have been lightly sprayed with fixative, but it is important for purchasers to retain the protective boards and paper in the event of (a) wishing to return the work or (b) being unable to frame it straight away. Pastels can be vulnerable to smearing until they are safely framed and under glass.
Smaller Oil paintings are mainly on canvas-board or gesso panel; these will be wrapped and sent protected with appropriate means, either in mailing bags or, for larger work, in a box. Larger work on stretched canvas will be packaged in thick corrugated-wall double-carton telescopic boxes.
Delivery of smaller work will be by Royal Mail next-day special delivery, which is tracked and guaranteed to arrive by 1pm. If larger canvases are sent, these will be boxed and, depending on overall weight, will be sent either by Royal Mail or another courier.
Most works on paper and rigid canvasboard or gessoboard can be delivered overseas, by Royal Mail Track and Signed-For service. Purchasers overseas will need to contact me for a current price for your country.
THE FOLLOWING TERMS APPLY WHEN BUYING DIRECTLY FROM MYSELF. IF YOU PURCHASE THROUGH THE ORIGINAL-ART-UNDER100 GALLERY THEN THEIR TERMS AND CONDITIONS WILL APPLY.
- You have the right to cancel this contract within 14 days of receipt of goods, without giving any reason.
- The cancellation period will expire after 14 days from the day on which you acquire, or a third party other than the carrier and indicated by you acquires, physical possession of the goods.
- In order to cancel, you must inform us:
C. Derrick, 4 Hillside Cottages, Barrow Gurney, Bristol BS48 3RX
of your decision to cancel, by a clear statement (e.g a letter sent by post or email).
- There is a cancellation form available but you are not obliged to use it.
- To meet the cancellation deadline it is sufficient for you to send your communication concerning your exercise of the right to cancel before the cancellation period has expired.
- If you cancel this contract, we will reimburse to you all payments received from you, including the costs of outward delivery (except for the supplementary costs arising if you chose a type of delivery other than the least expensive type of standard delivery offered by us).
- We may make a deduction from the reimbursement for loss in value of any goods supplied, if the loss is the result of unnecessary handling by you.
- We will make the reimbursement without undue delay and not later than: (a) 14 days after the day we receive back from you any goods supplied, or (b) (if earlier) 14 days after the day you provide evidence that you have returned the goods, or (c) if there were no goods supplied, 14 days after the day on which we are informed about your decision to cancel this contract.
- We will make the reimbursement using the same means of payment as you used for the initial transaction, unless you have expressly agreed otherwise; in any event you will not incur any fees as a result of the reimbursement. We may withold reimbursement until we have received the goods back or you have supplied evidence of having sent back the goods, whichever is the earliest.
- You shall return the goods without undue delay and in any event not later than 14 days from the day on which you communicate your cancellation from this contract to us. The deadline is met if you send back the goods before the period of 14 days has expired.
- You will need to bear the direct cost of returning the goods.
email chris [at]christinederrick.com