TO RESERVE AND PURCHASE A PAINTING:
1. Please read the information below this "reserve and purchase" section first, so that you understand the terms and conditions (they're all pretty average).
2. Next, please email me with your request. Give the title of the painting, your name and address details and email; if you are outside the United Kingdom, please ensure you provide details of your country clearly so that I can calculate postage.
3. I will reserve the work for you and then supply you with an invoice. This is payable by card or cheque or transfer via Paypal, but you do not need to have a Paypal account in order to process the invoice; it will give you instructions.
PAYPAL UPDATE I have withdrawn a lot of my activity from Paypal and now would prefer buyers to pay me directly by bank transfer if possible. UK buyers can also pay by cheque and paintings will be delivered once the cheque has cleared. Overseas buyers may find these methods too awkward, therefore I'll still use the Paypal route in those circumstances.
4. Your painting will be packaged and prepared for postal collection. Unframed works normally go by Royal Mail. Framed items will go by another suitable carrier, especially if being delivered overseas.
5. I will keep you updated at each stage with regards to dispatch, tracking numbers and delivery times.
THE ARTIST'S DETAILS
I am not handling any further sales or enquiries at this time (November 2023 +).
HOW THE PAINTING IS PACKED AND SENT
Pastel paintings tend to be sold unframed unless indicated otherwise. My dispatch process is to layer the pastel painting with protective glassine paper, before enclosing it between two rigid panels, of either mdf, hardboard or other strong material. The boards are then taped several times securely, to keep the pastel painting held firmly and prevent any rubbing during transit.
All pastels have been lightly sprayed with fixative, but it is important for purchasers to retain the protective boards and paper in the event of (a) wishing to return the work or (b) being unable to frame it straight away.
Pastels can be vulnerable to smearing until they are safely framed and under glass.
Smaller Oil and acrylic paintings are mainly on canvas-board or gesso panel; these will be wrapped and sent protected with appropriate means, either in mailing book-wrappers (like Amazon ones) or,for larger work where appropriate, in a box. Larger work on panel or stretched canvas will be packaged in thick corrugated-wall double-carton telescopic boxes.
Delivery of smaller work will usually be by Royal Mail 24 hour tracked and requires to be signed-for on receipt. If larger canvases are sent, these will be boxed and, depending on overall weight, will be sent either by Royal Mail or another courier.
INTERNATIONAL POSTING: Most works on paper and rigid canvasboard or gessoboard can be delivered overseas, by Royal Mail Track and Signed-For international service. Purchasers overseas will need to contact me for a current postage price to your country. PLEASE NOTE that you might have to pay import duties to receive the item into your country. Such fees are not included in the sale price of the painting. Also PLEASE NOTE that I reserve the right not to include GLASS in any framed work, since damaged items will normally not be covered by insurance. It is a major reason why, where possible, I am sending pictures unframed.
AFTER THE PAINTING IS DELIVERED TO YOU.