Contact, Payments, Dispatch and Returns
TO RESERVE AND PURCHASE A PAINTING:
1. Please read the information below this "reserve and purchase" section first, so that you understand the terms and conditions (they're all pretty average).
2. Next, please email me with your request. Give the title of the painting, your name and address details and email; if you are outside the United Kingdom, please ensure you provide details of your country clearly so that I can calculate postage.
3. I will reserve the work for you and then supply you with an invoice. This is payable via Paypal, but you do not need to have a Paypal account in order to process the invoice; it will give you instructions.
4. Your painting will be packaged and prepared for postal collection. Unframed works normally go by Royal Mail. Framed items will go by another suitable carrier, especially if being delivered overseas.
5. I will keep you updated at each stage with regards to dispatch, tracking numbers and delivery times.
THE ARTIST'S DETAILS
Christine Derrick, 4 Hillside Cottages, Barrow Gurney, North Somerset BS48 3RX UK
Email; chris [at] christinederrick.com (replace the brackets with the normal AT symbol).
If you have any questions re Reserve and Purchase, please email me.
If you choose to buy directly from me, I now send invoices, rather than use Paypal buttons directly on this site. Please note that Paypal invoices are processed entirely through their system; nothing is processed on my website. For UK buyers ONLY, I will also accept cheques, these must be cleared by me before sending paintings.
HOW THE PAINTING IS PACKED AND SENT
Pastel paintings tend to be sold unframed unless indicated otherwise. My dispatch process is to layer the pastel painting with protective glassine paper, before enclosing it between two rigid panels, of either mdf, hardboard or other strong material. The boards are then taped several times securely, to keep the pastel painting held firmly and prevent any rubbing during transit.
All pastels have been lightly sprayed with fixative, but it is important for purchasers to retain the protective boards and paper in the event of (a) wishing to return the work or (b) being unable to frame it straight away.
Pastels can be vulnerable to smearing until they are safely framed and under glass.
Smaller Oil paintings are mainly on canvas-board or gesso panel; these will be wrapped and sent protected with appropriate means, either in mailing book-wrappers (like Amazon ones) or,for larger work where appropriate, in a box. Larger work on panel or stretched canvas will be packaged in thick corrugated-wall double-carton telescopic boxes.
Delivery of smaller work will usually be by Royal Mail 24 hour tracked and requires to be signed-for on receipt. If larger canvases are sent, these will be boxed and, depending on overall weight, will be sent either by Royal Mail or another courier.
INTERNATIONAL POSTING: Most works on paper and rigid canvasboard or gessoboard can be delivered overseas, by Royal Mail Track and Signed-For international service. Purchasers overseas will need to contact me for a current postage price to your country. PLEASE NOTE that you might have to pay import duties to receive the item into your country. Such fees are not included in the sale price of the painting. Also PLEASE NOTE that I reserve the right not to include GLASS in any framed work, since damaged items will normally not be covered by insurance. It is a major reason why, where possible, I am sending pictures unframed.
AFTER THE PAINTING IS DELIVERED TO YOU.
- You have the right to cancel this contract within 14 days of receipt of goods, without giving any reason.
- The cancellation period will expire after 14 days from the day on which you acquire, or a third party other than the carrier and indicated by you acquires, physical possession of the goods.
- In order to cancel, you must inform us:
C. Derrick, 4 Hillside Cottages, Barrow Gurney, Bristol BS48 3RX UK
of your decision to cancel, by a clear statement (e.g a letter sent by post or email; not a phone call).
- There is a cancellation form available but you are not obliged to use it.
- To meet the cancellation deadline it is sufficient for you to send your communication concerning your exercise of the right to cancel before the cancellation period has expired.
- If you cancel this contract, we will reimburse to you all payments received from you, including the costs of outward delivery (except for the supplementary costs arising if you chose a type of delivery other than the least expensive type of standard delivery offered by us).
- We may make a deduction from the reimbursement for loss in value of any goods supplied, if the loss is the result of unnecessary handling and damage by you.
- We will make the reimbursement without undue delay and not later than: (a) 14 days after the day we receive back from you any goods supplied, or (b) (if earlier) 14 days after the day you provide evidence that you have returned the goods, or (c) if there were no goods supplied, 14 days after the day on which we are informed about your decision to cancel this contract.
- We will make the reimbursement using the same means of payment as you used for the initial transaction, unless you have expressly agreed otherwise; in any event you will not incur any fees as a result of the reimbursement. We may withold reimbursement until we have received the goods back or you have supplied evidence of having sent back the goods, whichever is the earliest.
- You shall return the goods without undue delay and in any event not later than 14 days from the day on which you communicate your cancellation from this contract to us. The deadline is met if you send back the goods before the period of 14 days has expired.
- You will need to bear the direct cost of returning the goods.
email chris [at]christinederrick.com